Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My other, other career...

So, I also do VO's.  Wait that sounds really cheesey doesn't it?  Well, it's true.  See below. I just finished my second season of a Food Network show called "Heavyweights".  Like many of the opportunities I've had recently, this was yet another happy accident.

Last summer, I was editing the show Heavyweights for Al Roker Entertainment.  When we delivered a rough copy to the network, my voice was the scratch audio track.  Al and the network thought it worked and that was that.  During my brief stint on that show as editor I also somehow convinced them to let me compose the theme song as well.  Check it out...the cool thing about working on this show is that now I am a pseudo-expert on the topics of:
-Coffee
-Snack Cakes
-Cereals
-Soft Drinks
-Pizza
-Chips

Which technically makes me smarter than the current president of the US.  So hooray for me!

LINKS (music and V.O. by Jingle Punks):

Heavyweights : VO and Music by Jingle Punks from Jared Gutstadt on Vimeo.

No comments: